There are two primary ways to figure out your blood sugar: a blood glucose meter and a continuous glucose meter.
Checking your blood glucose requires three things: a blood glucose meter, a test strip, and a lancing device. Here are the typical steps:
- Wash your hands to ensure you have no sugary residue on them. You want to check your blood sugar, not the sugar content of the apple you had for a snack.
- Insert a test strip into the meter.
- Use the lancing device to get a drop of blood.
- Touch the end of the test strip to the drop of blood. It will magically “drink up” the drop of blood.
- See the result on your meter’s screen.
Watch the video below for thorough steps.
Source: Diabetes Daily