Carbohydrates affect your Blood Sugar much faster than proteins or fats and so play a large role in in pushing your Blood Sugar too high – this is why its important to control your Carb intake
There are three main types of Carbohydrates
- Starchy Foods such as Bread Pasta, Rice, Potatoes, Yams Cereals and couscous
- Naturally Occurring Sugars found on fruits (Called Fructose and some Dairy Foods (Lactose)
- Added Sugars: Found in Sweets, Chocolates, sugary Drinks, and Desserts – and often added to other foods as well!
- Fibre- These you cant digest
- Insoluble Fibre: Wholemeal Bread, Brown Rice, Wholegrain cereal these help keep the digestive system healthy